Posts tagged ‘ridiculous’
I’m all for creativity when it comes to events, but a McDonald’s wedding is definitely pushing it. McDonald’s outlets in Hong Kong are now offering “McWeddings.”
The complete package, launched in January, includes pink invitation cards emblazoned with golden arches, McDonald’s food, wedding gifts and decor featuring the Hamburglar and Ronald McDonald, all for 9,999 Hong Kong dollars ($1,270). Couples can also shell out extra to rent a “white balloon” gown or purchase a balloon corsage and balloon wedding cake.
On Valentine’s Day, a man threw a surprise engagement party for his girlfriend at a McDonald’s offering weddings and other formal events. The “cake” was a stack of apple pies, and the couple received a pair of commemorative crystal M rings. It was the first formal booking, but McDonald’s said two wedding parties are confirmed for this year and 70 other couples are in talks.
Just in case you think I’m making this up, check out the promotional pictures below.
Found it here.
Valentine’s day is right around the corner. Even though I’m not expecting roses or chocolate, I certainly wouldn’t be able to appreciate it if someone sent me this. Not even the best intentions can disguise that the Hug E Gram must be one of the silliest things sold on the internet. This is its description:
A Hug-E-Gram lets you give your hug to someone when you can’t be there! It is the hug that lasts. You will understand how very special the moment can be as the love and sentiment from you comes through. The Hug-E-Gram is available in 3 different colors (Black, Red or Salmon). After you order, you may record a personalized message that will arrive with your Hug-E-Gram.
Imagine getting this in the mail for valentines. Would you actually put it on? Or would you leave it in a corner for the dog to chew on?
I wonder what the card would say. Maybe Hunny here’s a hug for my favorite part of you. Your love handles.
What would you write in the card if you were to send a Hug-E-Gram? Share it in the comments.
I don’t know much about sororities. All I know I’ve learned about TV shows and movies that portray what I thought was a ridiculous sorority stereotype. It’s nice to know they got the stereotype from somewhere, apparently the girls at Cornell’s Phi Phi sorority. They sent out a 7 pagI e list of dress requirements for rush week and here are some favorite of my favorite requirements:
- No muffin tops or extreme low rise!!
- No Cropped pants. Ugh
- If wearing a skirt tights are necessary!
- No summer pattern/colors
- No frumpy
- No Satin: No one looks good in satin dresses unless it’s from Betsey Johnson or Dolce and Gabbana, you weigh less than 130 pounds, have 3 pairs of spanx on and it’s New Years Eve.
- Nice flats: Tory Burch, etc. More evening-ish understated
- No sky-high hooker heels!
- Boots worn OVER pants
- NO white
- If you’re wearing cheapo shoes amke sure they don’t look it.
- No “Fuck-me-pumps”
- No Tacky/cheapo/pleather. Don’t mess with me.
- No obnoxious piercings.
- No chokers
- No ribbon overkill
- No plastic
- No charm. we aren’t 5. unless I say it’s beautiful
- No forever21 rings
- I will not tolerate any gross plastic shizz
- Shaved legs
- If you don’t know if something is appropriate/works, email me.
- Blush. This is not optional.
- No mustaches
- No chapped lips
- No sultry. It’s noon people. And these are girls, not laxers. No need to seduce them with caked on black eye makeup.
- Nails: you best have a mani pedi when you get to Ithaca.
- Wear perfume
- Wear deodorant
- Get waxed, cut, colored and groomed!!! Mani and pedi prior to Ithaca.
I though sororities were about sisterhood, not a ridiculous fashion police. If you must see the full list. They’re all here.