Posts tagged ‘twilight’
I think Twilight fans are a bit much. I’m not against them– I’ve read all the books and seen the movies. I do see why they like it, but I think the obsession can get a little extreme.
I thought they were creepy but never THIS creepy. A girl watching New Moon in Michigan was actually bitten this weekend while watching New Moon. It wasn’t a sexy nibble gone wrong or a hungry moviegoer who mistook her for a snack but a 45 year old pervert sitting in the seat behind her.
He didn’t break the skin, and he hasn’t been caught yet. I assume she’ll be too creeped out to go to the movies anytime soon. I’m sure I would be too (after being disinfected, sanitized and had my tetanus shot)
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Though it might seem that most of the girls are into vampires with the Twilight, True Blood and Vampire Diaries craze I hope biting doesn’t become the new pick up line. Unless you’re Robert Pattison and she has a Twilight tattoo, I’m pretty sure it won’t work.
Some things I saw online today that made me laugh:
- A list of the Top 33 Most Deadly Substances: We’re basically not safe to eat, touch or get close to anything. Some of those things are too cute to be posionous!
- How spoil your dog : Yes, I love lists, and yes, I think fur for dogs are ridiculous.
- Pimped out cars: Really? A bedazzled car?!
- Jacob or Edward: A twilight themed crop circle. What is wrong with the world?
There are Twilight fans that are die hard fans. I read the books, loved them and fell in love with Edward, but I still don’t get how some people get so crazily obsessed. I have been able to study them up close (my sister is a twilight crazy fan) and I think they’re quite amusing. Last Halloween I made her a Mrs. Cullen costume and I thought that was extreme. Apparently, there’s definitely crazier fans than she is.
Here are some crazy Twilight things I’ve found lately.
Twilight Lip Venom
This product should be shaken before use to represent the blending of the human and vampire worlds
It also shows the financial power of the Twilight Fan since they’re already experiencing shipping delays because of the response.
First, it was teh Sweethearts that were changed. The signature classic phrases were replaced with “Dazzle,” “Bite Me,” “Live 4-Ever,” “I [heart] EC” and “Forks.” They apparently were a success since for the new movie the Twilight cast is getting “New Moon” Chocolate Bars.
This is, by far, the most amazing one. Tattoos. You can’t throw away a lip gloss bottle, or hide the chocolate box and pretend it never happened. It’ll be there forever. These fans got quotes, logos and images tattooed on their bodies, and most are nothing near small. I wonder what they’ll think about them in 10 to 15 years. The craziest one is definitely the Robert Pattinson one. What was she thinking? That he’d see the creepy obsessive tattoo and decide to marry her?
Here are a couple of links I’ve seen today and wanted to share. They’re not all worth their own post, but they’re worth a click.
- 14 ways to fake a good night’s sleep by allure
- The Queen’s expenses have risen because there aren’t enough planes in the Royal Airforce for the Royal Family’s Needs.
- What’s next? Shaving her head? I hope this isn’t a cycle.
- The transformation of the King of Pop
- He shouldn’t be allowed near those costumes. Coco is rolling over in her grave.
- Robert Pattison is grateful.
- Funny airport security story
- A quote on the Honduran coup shown to me by an Honduran:
- “Zelaya has provoked this institutional crisis. He seems to have a very strong appetite for power. He’s trying to be the victim, but he won’t get a lot of sympathy by defying the country’s institutions.” – Michael Shifter, a Latin America analyst at Washington’s Inter-American Dialogue
Enjoy the Links