I don’t know much about sororities. All I know I’ve learned about TV shows and movies that portray what I thought was a ridiculous sorority stereotype. It’s nice to know they got the stereotype from somewhere, apparently the girls at Cornell’s Phi Phi sorority. They sent out a 7 pagI e list of dress requirements for rush week and here are some favorite of my favorite requirements:
- No muffin tops or extreme low rise!!
- No Cropped pants. Ugh
- If wearing a skirt tights are necessary!
- No summer pattern/colors
- No frumpy
- No Satin: No one looks good in satin dresses unless it’s from Betsey Johnson or Dolce and Gabbana, you weigh less than 130 pounds, have 3 pairs of spanx on and it’s New Years Eve.
- Nice flats: Tory Burch, etc. More evening-ish understated
- No sky-high hooker heels!
- Boots worn OVER pants
- NO white
- If you’re wearing cheapo shoes amke sure they don’t look it.
- No “Fuck-me-pumps”
- No Tacky/cheapo/pleather. Don’t mess with me.
- No obnoxious piercings.
- No chokers
- No ribbon overkill
- No plastic
- No charm. we aren’t 5. unless I say it’s beautiful
- No forever21 rings
- I will not tolerate any gross plastic shizz
- Shaved legs
- If you don’t know if something is appropriate/works, email me.
- Blush. This is not optional.
- No mustaches
- No chapped lips
- No sultry. It’s noon people. And these are girls, not laxers. No need to seduce them with caked on black eye makeup.
- Nails: you best have a mani pedi when you get to Ithaca.
- Wear perfume
- Wear deodorant
- Get waxed, cut, colored and groomed!!! Mani and pedi prior to Ithaca.
I though sororities were about sisterhood, not a ridiculous fashion police. If you must see the full list. They’re all here.
Entry filed under: funny things. Tags: accessories, cornell, crazy, fashion, fashion police, guidelines, humor, illogical, ithaca, phi phi, phi phi cornell, ridiculous, shoes, sororities, sorority, sorority rush, tory burch, what to wear.